Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

The dining room

This room has been abit of a challenge to me somehow, I'm not exactly sure why.....


 Maybe it's because when we were growing up we didn't have a separate dining room - our big dining table was in our large sitting room in a huge bay window area. As children we used it mainly for colouring and playing games on. I can't remember ever using it for eating on at all (but we must have done on occasion I suppose) Mostly our meals were had in the kitchen which was a good size.
It's been rather confusing as to how to get this room right.


The dining table and chairs and bureau look similar to the ones that my Grandma gave to my parents. We had a few 'hand me downs' pieces of furniture as did many in the 50s and 60s. The overall look of homes in those days was a 'mish mash' of many styles and eras! But it was home...




I have two Jane Harrop fireside chairs to make up which will be positioned near the fireplace (I just hope they will fit in!)



I'm also toying with the idea of fitting a delft rack around the room...more to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment